The Most Important Things I Learned from My Mission
- Who I want to be and how I can always become better through Christ (better = become like Him)
- Righteousness and obedience are interconnected with happiness
- I need to do everything in my power and then let Faith in God come into play
- Things are not according to our timing but the time of the Lord
- Stars can't shine without darkness
- How to live, learn, laugh, love, and let my personality shine
- We were all made different and unique for a reason (God created me to be me)
- Honesty to ourselves and to others is always the best policy
- I'm sure not perfect but I would like to be; and, someday I will be
- The gospel isn't as hard to share as I thought it was
- God loves all of his children unconditionally
- Changes are hard but they bring about the eternal purposes of God and the best opportunity for us to learn
- You have to hold tight to the rod and stay on the path
- Enjoy and make the most of every single moment life gives you because the moments don't come back
- This gospel isn't only about knowing something but becoming something
- God is the Master Potter who shapes me and helps me to fulfill my full potential
- Attitude is everything
- Because of Him I have new beginnings every day, every minute, and every second--and I chose to make the best of it
- We have to make the most of this life; we only have one shot, so we`ve got to make it good
- We are never alone
There isn’t a doubt in my mind that the Gospel of Jesus Christ is true. I haven't had angels appear to me or dreams that have made it known to me, but I can feel it with every fiber of my being. Before coming on my misión, I thought that my testimony was strong. However, now I can see that through Christ my faith and my testimony has become unbreakable. As my older brother, Christ has done so much for me. He has truly given me the second chance that I needed so desperately. He has forgiven me, loved me, strengthened me, helped me, picked me up when I have fallen, walked with me and at times He has carried me when I didn’t have the strength to carry on. He is my older brother, my savior, my comforter, my redeemer, my example, my friend, and so much more. I love Him and as I have come to know Him more, I want to be like Him. I know that I am not perfect, but I keep striving to be perfected in Him. I know that through Him I am whole.
I know that the church is true. Without a shadow of a doubt it is true. Joseph Smith was a true prophet of God called in these last days to restore the keys, blessings, and pure truth of the gospel of Jesus Christ. God loves us deeply and has a plan for all of us so that we can learn, progress, and return to his presence. Our lives here have so much more purpose than just live, work, enjoy, and live it up until we die. We are here to learn of the truth and firmly follow it until the very end.
This gospel has blessed me so much in my life and I will never be able to fully express my eternal gratitude for it. My misión and the gospel have changed my life and will continue doing so until the day that I part from this earth.
These things I say in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.
Hermana Amber Mather
Misión Cochabamba Bolivia
27Jan2015 - 1Aug2016