Monday, March 14, 2016

Masterpiece of Life

14 Marzo 2016

This week has been quite an adventure.... Honestly, to start, we were sick for a few days this week... One morning we both woke up just beat where my compi just hurt all over and I had a headache but the next day everything got worse! I woke up throwing up and my compi helped me out to clean it all up and then we slept and slept and slept until we felt a little better to just go to 2 appointments that we had.  One canceled and the other we were helping out Tania massaging her legs that are full of arthritis so that she could sleep. ;D  It was quite the experience this week ;d but I have learned a lot!

I have learned more patience in my afflictions (Doctrine and Covenants 121) and that this life isn’t perfect but it wasn’t made to be! This life is full of opposites: good and bad, happiness and sadness, sickness and health, love and hate, ups and downs -- it was meant to be that way. We NEED an opposition in all things (2 Nefi 2:11-12). I feel like the bad things that we pass through help us to better appreciate the good. It’s like a painting: if it was all full of the color red it wouldn’t be as good as a painting that is full of all kinds of colors. The blues help us to appreciate the reds; the cold colors to appreciate the warm colors. In our lives, I feel like we just have to appreciate LIFE in all moments that we have and not just focus on the blues or just focus on the reds, but focus on the amazing masterpiece that our Heavenly Father makes of our lives.

Well, these are my thoughts for this week ;D. I love you all and hope that you can see the amazing masterpiece that your life is!

Love,

Hermana Mather

A beautiful sunset in our area that lifted our spirits when we were sick.

This is a traditional tinku dress that Sister Benigna let us use!


Today we went to play volleyabll as a zone in Potosi'
and the sisters went to eat pique macho afterwards! Yummm

No comments:

Post a Comment