Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Rollercoaster Ride

7 Marzo 2016

For this week we have been working SUPER hard (I feel like I am saying that in every email that I send...) and there have been a lot of ups and downs.

We have been teaching an amazing beautiful family (the family Pimentel) for a little more than a month now and we really thought that they were progressing and we had a lot of hope for them. But this week we honestly felt like our hearts were broken. We had a lesson with the mom and her daughter that just started out feeling weird... in short they ended up telling us that they didn't believe in what we were teaching because they spoke to their local preacher and tried arguing with us over the gospel and the Bible... It was heartbreaking that that we could see such potential in them and we have so much love for them and they are asking other people about what they should believe instead of God.

But on the happy end, Katia and her family are doing amazing! We see her face lighting up with happiness and with the light of Christ! It is amazing the miracles that the Lord can work in our hearts! We are so happy for her!

Also, we have been teaching Daniela. SHE IS AMAZING! Every single lesson she is intent and soaking up the knowledge of the gospel. She has done a lot of things in her life she regrets but she wants to change and be better and she is doing it! She is changing through the atonement and through inviting Christ more into her life!

We also got to meet Tania. OH! I love Tania! She is so amazing and sweet! She is a little old lady who has severe arthritis in all of her body.  She has a hard time moving around and doing a lot of things, but she has a glow. Honestly, if you could just meet her you could see it. Her smile makes you want to smile and her every word is just coated with love. She has told us that she needed the knowledge that Heavenly Father has a plan for her in this life and for after this life as well. This knowledge has put her more at peace with the difficulties and heartbreaks that she has here in this life and helps her to know how to press on with Faith in Christ.

So there is a summary about just a few of the amazing people that we are teaching and in that spirit this Sunday was Fast and Testimony Meeting. I would like to share my testimony with every single one of you ;D

I LOVE this gospel. It has made a difference in my life and will continue to make a difference in my life into the eternities. In coming on my mission, I was given an opportunity to come closer to my Savior Jesus Christ through every hardship, through every slammed door, through every person that we have the blessing to teach, through the love that I have for them, through teaching HIS gospel to everyone that I can I have come to know Him as I never have before. I KNOW that He lived, laid down His life for us and took up His life again for us and that through Him we can return to the presence of Him and our loving Heavenly Father. I know that He knows how I feel in every single situation and that He wants the best for me and every single one of Heavenly Father's children. I KNOW that is gospel is true with every single fiber of my being and I know that is blesses families, individuals and lives. I know that Joseph Smith was a chosen prophet of God because I asked God Himself through prayer and I received an answer, not because anyone else told me. I know that God loves us--every single one of us--and has a plan for us to gain experience, grow and live to fulfill our full potential, and will return to live with Him some day. And I share these things in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

Love,

Hermana Mather

We went to Betanzos about an hour away from Potosi as a zone.
This is our form of transportation ;D Fun right?


We went to a lake that is there to have a picnic! So fun!



No comments:

Post a Comment