Thursday, February 26, 2015

New Beginnings

25 Febrero 2015

MY COMPANION IS GOING HOME!!!! :( :( :(

This week has been a crazy week of running around and wondering and getting new news off of new news.... it feels so crazy to think that it has only been a week, but LONG story short, my companion had an MRI on this past Friday and we then went to the hospital this Monday to see what the results were. We went to the hospital thinking that Hermana Simmons was getting better and it was probably just a minor bruising or whatever, but we found out so much more. It turns out that when she landed funny after playing soccer the 2 weeks ago on the 9th that she had completely blown out her ACL and bruised her femur in the process. Don’t ask me how she has been walking on it this whole time (with a little limp) and how she hasn't been in SO much pain... because I have no idea! It is a miracle that she has been able to do so many things these past few weeks and that I have had the amazing experience of getting to spend this time with her.

It is such a blessing to me that everything timed out the way that it did. The fact that my companion and I were able to learn and grow from each other and we were able to learn how to communicate effectively and teach together has been such an amazing blessing that I can’t express in words. I wish that Hermana Simmons didn't have to go home, but the fact that we were able to grow closer in the past few days and become true friends instead of just companions is a miracle in itself! I know that Heavenly Father has a specific plan for her and that this time is going to be so hard and difficult, but that she is insanely strong and determined (she was walking on a compacted- fractured femur without an ACL for 2.5 weeks for goodness sake!) and that I will see her again. I can’t wait for the day that I get the email that she is cleared for coming back to serve and I can’t wait for the day that I hear that she can come to our mission in Cochabamba, Bolivia!

So this upcoming 2 weeks are going to be crazy, still learning more of the language, missing my companion, getting used to teaching as a 3 person companionship, learning and growing and never stopping!

I know that in all situations, things can be hard and discouraging. But I know that when we have even just a little grain of faith, we allow the Lord to help us. The Lord cares about EVERY SINGLE ONE OF US! He cares about you, he cares about me and he cares about the little details of our lives. The Lord is on your side! In the scriptures it talks about how the worth of souls is GREAT in the sight of God! Precious even! If that is true, then how can be deny that he cares about us and the fabric of our lives? I know that I can’t deny it. I have felt the love and care that the Lord has for me. That is how I am reminded each and every day what my purpose and true potential is. THAT is why I am out here and THAT is what gives me joy!

Thanks for reading my email again guys! (even if you are a skimmer.. cause I know you are out there ;) Here are some tender mercies that I have been able to notice this week!

Tender mercies: I got AMAZING time of bonding and friendship with my companion, I was able to have American food with President Gonzalez and his wife after the doctor’s appointment for Hermana Simmons. I learned more about myself and my personality and how I can better communicate with others! (wooo!) It rained yesterday for the 1st time since we got here! We were able to see an amazing devotional this Sunday from Elder D Todd Christofferson about the worth of souls.

Well, that is all I have time for this week, but I love you guys and keep on smiling!

Love,

Hermana Mather


Me and my companion, Hermana Simmons, with MTC President Gonzalez and his wife
in front of a Lima Peru house (with a cool tree in front!)

Me and my companion, Hermana Simmons, in front of TGI Fridays
in Lima Peru after her doctors appointment! I love her SO much!

The awkward sad hugs

No comments:

Post a Comment