Monday, May 11, 2015

SOOOOOOOO HAPPPPYYYYYY RIGHT NOW!

11 Mayo 2015

Was it ever amazing to talk to my family yesterday? It is such a blessing to be able to talk to my family and really have that spiritual- moral recharge of really getting to see and talk to all my siblings and parents for an hour! SO GREAT!

We got to go to the temple this week! It was SO great to go to the temple and renew covenants and really enjoy this time at the temple! (picture below!)

So… updates from Bolivia... I have been given the awesome opportunities to get to teach the relief society American recipes and now all of the members in the ward want me to cook in their homes! Who knew that I could be so popular just from bringing a few recipes to make with members ;D I got the opportunity to teach chocolate chip cookies the other week and then this week I taught them brownies right before a baptism! YUM!

Speaking of the baptism, the elders in our ward had a baptism this past Saturday and to our surprise, President Hansen and Hermana Hansen came to the baptism! You should have seen our faces when we found out that he had come! My companion, two sisters from another ward, and I had the talk in between the baptism and the closing remarks while Abrahm was getting changing out of his wet clothes after being baptized. We were SO nervous! We ended up changing all of our plans for the message and when out in front of the church to get rocks and dirt (SUPER FUNNY just to see a bunch of sister missionaries digging in the dirt ;D) to do the awesome activity with the large rocks, small rocks and sand that represent our priorities in life. We had an empty jar that represents our lives here on earth that we filled with all of these things. When you put the smaller things first in the jar and then the larger rocks, not all of them will fit. but when you put the big things first, the things that have the most worth in your life (god, church education, family), and then let the small things (TV, sports, fun things) fill in the spaces, then everything will fit! It was very cool and it turned out really well!

That is all I have for this week! Thanks for reading, caring, and loving! You guys are great!

Love,

Hermana Mather

Me and my compi at the temple!

Bolivia has baby bananas here! How cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment