Monday, August 10, 2015

Preparing for Baptisms!‏

10 Agosto 2015

Wow! Another amazing week in the mission! This week we were able to go to the temple and have zone conference which was so amazing to be able to listen to advice and lessons from our president of the mission, and then this week we were preparing Nair, Gronel, and Gabriela for their baptism which is going to be this Saturday!

This family (Nair, Gronel, and Gabriela) is AMAZING! They have problems like any family or any person has to deal with in this life, but they have so much faith and trust in the Lord! I am always blown away by their love, their charity, and their true desires to follow the path that Heavenly Father wants for them. I remember the first lesson that we had with them. Both my companion and I were feeling really sick and just couldn’t make it through a lesson. Hermana Nair gave me a coat to warm up and they ended up walking us to our house because we weren’t feeling good. They are so amazing and I can’t believe how blessed I have been to be able to help them to learn about the gospel and help them to know that they can receive answers to their questions! I can truly feel that this family is so ready for this step in their lives. This Saturday will be so special. Not only because it is a baptism, not because baptism will take away all of their problems (because it won’t), but because I KNOW that this is a step in the right direction for this family to be baptized with the proper authority (priesthood) and then they can receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. How Special! Wow! I can’t wait to send pictures and everything!

Well... everyone, eat some cake and ice cream for me August 11th (or ice cream cake! woooo)! It really doesn’t feel like it will be my birthday tomorrow... how weird... it is probably just going to be a regular, normal missionary day, but at the same time I am going to be 20 years old... how weird!

Missionary words of advice ;D -Keep reading your scriptures -keep praying -keep going to church. I can see the real difference that all of these things can make in the lives of others, so keep it up! ;D hehe

I love you all!

Hermana Mather

Zona Sacaba at the Cochabamba Bolivia LDS Temple

No comments:

Post a Comment