Monday, August 31, 2015

Instrument in the Lord's Hands

31 Agosto 2015

I have been thinking a lot this week about what I could share with everyone back at home about this week... and I hope that it can somehow help all of you out there who are reading this ;D  

Funny things that happened this week before all the spiritual stuff: there were 2 new investigators that we had in sacrament meeting this week! Sadly, we can’t teach them because they don’t speak Spanish or English- they speak dog! hehe 2 dogs snuck into sacrament meeting this week so that was hilarious ;D Luckily some of the members were able to lead the dogs out of the chapel without making too much of a big deal. ;D

This week I think that I have better realized that truly in missionary work I really am only the instrument in the hands of Heavenly Father. This really isn’t my work here, its Heavenly Father’s. It’s weird to think that while I am here 24/7, working every moment that I can that I am just a missionary here. Without the lord`s help I really wouldn’t be making a difference. But, in this work, the work of salvation, I know that the Lord’s hand is in all things. I know that he is helping me and my companion find people to teach, that he is touching the lives and hearts of the people here and he is truly working alongside us! He doesn’t make missionary work easier, he makes it worth it.

This Sunday we were talking about sacrifices, and I got the special opportunity with the other missionaries of our ward to bear my testimony in one of the classes about sacrifice. Something occurred to me right then and there. Before my mission (and the first few months of my mission) there were times where I thought of serving a mission as a sacrifice that I was making. A sacrifice to leave my family, my friends, college, my job... everything that I knew to give 18 months of my life to people that I didn’t know yet (some of which who wouldn’t accept the gospel or what I was doing for them). But let me just tell you... NOW I can’t look at the mission as anything other than a privilege that I have. A privilege to see the difference that the gospel can make in the lives of other people, to grow as a missionary and person, to grow my testimony, to bear my testimony, to love the people here no matter if they except the gospel or no, to come closer to my savior and to give my time to the lord in all things, and to work with all my heart might mind and strength. I think that it really is a privilege to sacrifice things for the lord because we can receive so much more than we give (really-- it isn’t a sacrifice ;D). I know that there are times where things are hard to sacrifice – time to go to church, to read scriptures, to pray, to fast on fast Sunday, to follow the principles of the gospel, and to go to seminary. There are so many things that I can think that we are asked to do, but if you think about it – it isn’t a real church and faith if you don’t have to sacrifice something. I know that sacrifice brings blessings and growth and that through sacrifice we receive so much more than we give up!

SO, this was this week for me ;D hehe I love you all, keep up the good work, keep working hard, playing hard, loving, living, laughing, and just be you (it’s the best person  you could be!) I love you all and hope you have a great week!

Love,

Hermana Mather


Service this week: giving dogs hair cuts and washing them!
(Don't judge my face... Its early and I was tired... :P)

Me and my lovely compi!

We played beach volleyball with our zone this morning! woo! 



No comments:

Post a Comment