Monday, September 7, 2015

The Power of Testimony‏

7 Septiembre 2015

hmm... How to begin describing this week... This week was actually a little harder than usual because I got sick again (it seems as though every single cambio [companionship between transfers] - month and a half - I get sick) but, it was still amazing because it is an amazing week in the mission!

I just have to say that the power of testimony is real! This Sunday in sacrament meeting, we had fast and testimony meeting, which is every first Sunday of the month where the members of the congregation have the amazing opportunity to bear their testimonies. This Sunday was so powerful... I am so impressed with the people in our ward- usually when people stand up to bear their testimony it is one by one with another 1 or 2 people waiting on the side, this Sunday 12 people were sitting on the stand just waiting to give their testimonies. (I really thought about it... as a missionary I am so lucky because I get to share my testimony every single day every single moment that I can.)

I testify without a doubt that testimonies have a real power- the definition of testimony is ´evidence or proof provided by the existence or appearance of something´. SO you are probably asking, “where is the faith in that?” From my experience, testimony comes from real faith of action where you read The Book of Mormon, the Bible, you pray, you go to church, you stand up for what you believe in, you gather together all the courage you have to bear your testimony... so many things... and the real proof or evidence appears in your heart, where you can feel that something is true. For me, my testimony feels like I have a balloon inside of my chest that inflates and inflates... it feels as though it could just burst because I KNOW that this is true. Not because I grew up in the church, not because angels showed up and told me so, but because I worked through my faith to gain a testimony of all these things and now I truly don’t have any doubts that this is true!

I testify that the Holy Ghost is always there waiting to help us and guide us but it is our choice to let him. I testify that the Book of Mormon is the word of god that can help us for every single part of our lives. I know that this church is true and can bless the lives of everyone who accepts it and lives it! This church, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, has blessed my life unimaginably in ways that I cannot express. I know that with just a tiny, tiny bit of faith great things can come to pass- in ways that we can see and some ways that we can’t see. I know that testimonies really do have a power behind them, a power to change lives, a power to open hearts, a power to stand firm, a power to stay still, a power to KNOW and I can’t express how grateful I am for my testimony of these things!

That's all folks! (for this week!)

Love you guys,

Hermana Mather

We found some sheep in our area... so we couldn't resist taking pictures! ;D


With the daughter of our pensionista [boarder, lodger]! wooooo!

My pensionista´s cat... hehe! He is always sleeping!



No comments:

Post a Comment