Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Which Way Do You Face?‏

9 Noviembre 2015

Its official, my companion and I have been together for a month now! (awe! kids! they grow up so fast!) We are working so hard to become better and better every day. In this whole process of training another missionary, I started to think about why I really am here in the mission. I am here in Bolivia Cochabamba as a disciple of Christ, giving my best effort to help others to come unto him, and enjoy the joy of the gospel that I have had in my life. I testify of the truths that I know. I make mistakes but I learn from them.  I’m not perfect, but I’m getting better and i will keep getting better for the rest of my life :))

This week, we had a zone conference with our Mission President where he was able to talk to us about two things that really hit me.

1) Where do we face? Which way do you face? There is a conference talk by Lynn G Robins that talks about if we are trying to please others or if we are trying to please God. Something that really impressed me that he said while opening his talk is: "Trying to please others before pleasing God is inverting the first and second great commandments." When we know which way we face in our lives- we really know where we are going to go. If you have ever tried to walk in a different direction that you are looking, it is SO hard to get where you want to go!

2) Obedience brings blessings, but exact obedience brings miracles. Who doesn’t want to see miracles in their lives? WE need miracles in our lives and in our missions! So, why not do our part so that the lord can do his?

Weeeellll, that is all that I have time for this week. Thanks for all of your support and love!

LOVE YOU!

Hermana Mather





No comments:

Post a Comment