Monday, November 30, 2015

Oraciones de Poder‏ [Prayers of Power]

30 Noviembre 2015

I don’t have much time to write this week, but quick rundown: we had a baptism!!! Woo! Our investigator Nelson got baptized and we are so happy for him! We know that it will be an amazing step for him in his life! He has been searching and searching for a way to make himself happy in this life -- in parties, alcohol, friends -- lots of things, but nothing really filled him, except for when he found the gospel. It took him a lot of time to accept it in his life. There have been MANY elders that have visited him for about a year now. It is amazing that this is his time to accept this change and this Gospel in his life! He was able to find the only thing that could fill that part that was empty inside of him: The Gospel of Jesus Christ!

This week I have been learning more and more about my prayers. The Area Seventy for our area, Elder Godoy, visited our mission and something that really stuck to me was when he asked us if our prayers where powerful or just routine. This is a question that I want to ask all of you: Are your prayers just routine or TRULY powerful? Are you praying like Lehi, Ether, Alma, or Jesus? With all of your faith and heart put into it? When we truly make something of our prayers, it makes a difference. It doesn’t change the will of God at all, but it brings us in line with His will and brings more of His blessings into our lives. I am so grateful for the opportunity that I have to talk with my Heavenly Father every day in the mission. I can see that my relationship with Him has become so much more real, tangible, and powerful. Prayers make the difference in us, our lives, and for our Heavenly Father!

Love you all! Until next week!

Hermana Mather

Enjoy the Christmas trees for me!


Nelson's baptism


No comments:

Post a Comment