Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Christ-mas‏

7 Deciembre 2015

This week has been a week full of realizing my faults and making an effort to become better. As a part of living in this world, we are not perfect, but we try. We try and try and become better and progress and sometimes we fall, but we get back up and keep walking and getting stronger. I realized this week that it really doesn’t matter where we have been, but it matters where we are and where we are going to go. Through our Heavenly Father, we can overcome our challenges and struggles. WE CAN progress better than we ever thought we could and we CAN fulfill the potential that Heavenly Father gives us as his children.

With the season of Christmas drawing near, I´ve been thinking about the TRUE meaning of Christmas. I think that we have all seen the movies and cartoons about Christmas that talk so much about how presents and gifts are great but aren’t the thing that makes Christmas so special. What really makes Christmas special is:

  1. Spending this amazing time with family and friends soaking up their presence and the memories.
  2. That we are able to take this time to remember our savior and redeemer -- his birth, life, and death -- and specifically what this means for us.

To be honest, I can’t remember half of the gifts that I have received from past Christmas´... (sorry mom and dad. I remember that they were useful and special). The things that I remember with fondness are the time that I had with my family and the things that we were able to do together: making gingerbread cookies, decorating the tree together, and listening to Christmas music. These are all amazing memories that I have! soooooo, I invite you all to enjoy your families this Christmas and make the most of your time together!

I would love to invite you to have a Christ-mas (mas = more, in Spanish).  More of Christ in this time of the year. More of Christ in your thoughts, words, and actions! Truly think of why Christ is important to you and share this with others through your words and actions!

I would like to share a new Christmas video message.

Well, that is all for this week! I love you all! Enjoy all the Christmas music and Christmas lights!

Love,

Hermana Mather


Noche de hogar [Family Home Evening] with the Familia Sandoval and the Familia Maldonado!

Service painting window trim (they mix the paint with gasoline to make it go further here...)

Service washing clothes with one of our less active members Rosa

My new glasses ... woo!


Me with our pensionista (who makes us lunch and dinner)
with our area in the background It's beautiful!

Christmas decorations in Bolivia! woo! (there are very little here)

Me and my compi starting out the P-day!



No comments:

Post a Comment