Monday, December 28, 2015

New Year, New Goals, New Me‏

28 Deciembre 2015

WELL, news for all: We have transfers! Ahhhhh! I am leaving this beautiful ward that I have come to know and love... and I’m off to Potosi! Wooo! Tomorrow I head off in plane to Sucre and then in a bus to this amazing traditional miner town of Potosi! I´ll have to send you pictures next week of my new area and my new compi! Today has been full of walking around the area and saying goodbye to just a few of the amazing people that I have come to love here.

As this new year is coming up, I have been thinking a lot about the goals that we make as we start a new year. How many times have we started with a goal but never finished? Something that I loved that our mission President (President Hansen) said this week is that the new year is an amazing point to look back on what we have been able to accomplish this year and what we want to accomplish for the next year. As well as what we wait for from God this coming year and how we will help him to bring it to pass.

I have been thinking and pondering about how we can make goals that we can follow through with. I feel like there are a few steps that we can take to be able to follow through with the goals that we make:
  1. Find your goal!
  2. Make it simple. Don’t make it so complicated that you can’t have the hopes to follow through. Or, make smaller bullet points that you can complete along the way.
  3. Write down your goal.
  4. Pick a goal that you WANT to follow through with and motivate yourself with this goal.
  5. Keep track of your progress and see how you are doing with it every day.
  6. Be FRIM in your decision that you will do it, but be flexible enough that you can pick it back up or make changes with the stresses of life.
  7. MAKE TIME. Schedule it out.
  8. Be positive about your goal.
  9. PRAY about it! HE WILL HELP YOU!

I am going to be applying this goal for this new year and I hope that you guys can too! I can’t wait to see how far we can get in our goals for this year of 2016!

Love you all! Have a great week!

Hermana Mather
Decorating for Christmas with our landlady.



Christmas morning- we pulled the mattresses out into the kitchen where we had our little Christmas tree!



Saying goodbye today with the members and investigators today.






No comments:

Post a Comment