Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Walking in Faith

14 Deciembre 2015

This week.... how can you sum it up? There is just one word that I can think of: FAITH. I feel like there are some people in the world that think that faith is for dreamers and that it doesn’t make a difference, but I can tell you that I KNOW without a doubt that faith makes all of the difference. Faith that Jesus Christ is our savior and redeemer.  Faith that everything will be alright. Faith that I can do it. Faith that God really is there and He listens to us. Faith that we have challenges in this life for a reason and what depends on us is how we react and grow from them. Faith is a principle of power and leads to action in our lives.

This week I have been able to see my faith in Heavenly Father and his son, Jesus Christ, so much. From my mission, I now know better how we are able to strengthen our faith. I have put all of my faith in God that everything that I do here in the mission will not be in vain. Every person that we can talk to, every smile that we give, every hardship that we go through is making a difference to those around us as well as inside of us. Through studying the scriptures, praying with real intent (which means that you are ready to follow through with anything that you receive as an answer), serving others with your whole heart, and being obedient (to the commandments and to the stirrings of the Holy Ghost), we are able to strengthen our faith and better put our will in his hands and truly say, “not my will, but thine, be done”.

I know that through our faith in Jesus Christ, little by little we are able to draw closer to Him and become more like Him. I am so grateful for this opportunidad that I have to serve a mission, strengthen my faith so much, draw closer to my Savior, and be able to see myself and others through His eyes.

Scriptures that I love that apply to this: Mosiah 28:3, Romanos 5:3-5, Helaman 5:12, Alma 32:12, Ether 12:6.

Quick update on this week: We have been teaching an amazing old man in our area. His wife was a faithful member of the church, he has a testimony that the gospel is true, and he goes to church every week. However, he is scared of getting baptized before he has surgery because he wants to be completely clean of sin before he goes into surgery. We will be teaching him more about faith and the real purpose of baptism this week. He is great and has such a big heart. He now calls us his daughters :D hehe Cute old man :D

To close, I want to say that I KNOW without a doubt that faith makes the difference in our lives and has true power – sometimes not to change things externally but to change things internally. Faith brings about miracles and when we truly walk by faith we can see the hand of the Lord in our lives.

Love you all!

Hermana Mather


Making chocolate cake with one of our investigators :)




After the zone meeting with our zone leaders.
We are going to miss Elder Aguilar so much!
He is finishing his mission this week

This is Hermano Mario, the cute old man that we are teaching.
We helped him this week to decorate his house for Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment