Monday, February 15, 2016

The Purpose of Weaknesses

15 Febrero 2016

This week was great! In a lot of South America, it is the time of Carnival (where the houses and cars are decorated and during this week EVERYONE tries to get everyone else wet. There are kids in the streets with water balloons and foam spray and it smells like BBQ everywhere because everyone eats ´parrillada´ during carnival. Its super fun ;D  One day we were told that we couldn’t work because EVERYONE would be getting us wet. So, when we went to lunch at our pension we joined in on the fun!

To update you on the people that we are teaching, there is one girl that her friend brought her to an activity and ever since she has said that being there really touched her heart. She is amazing! Her name is Stefany and she has such amazing goals for her and her life. After she learns more about the gospel, she wants to share it with all of her family and she is going to be baptized soon!

Another family that we are teaching (I still don’t have pictures with them- I’ll send it next week) is the family Pimentel. They have been through so much in their lives. They lost their dad, one of the daughters was run over by a car, and one of the little boys was sick in the same month a year ago. These huge events in their lives changed their perspective on life.  They realized that they had to turn to the Lord to have the strength to go on.  And now that they are learning more about the gospel.  They are so happy and so ready to learn more!

Wow. It is so amazing what I learned this week. I feel like I´ve always known but it didn’t really click until now...

I don’t know about you, but I really want to be perfect sometimes and when I fall short I think to myself: ´Why?´,´Why can’t I do it?’, ‘What am I doing wrong?´. But I know why we have weaknesses. If I didn’t have weaknesses I wouldn’t confide in the Lord. I wouldn’t need the enabling power of the Atonement in my life. Through my weaknesses I am strong because I confide in the Lord and not in the arm of flesh (there is a scripture in the biblia that says that ;D)

It’s just like in 2 Nephi 4, Nefi [Nephi] is someone we all think is patient, faithful, strong in his testimony and he is a prophet of the Lord! But he too had weaknesses that made him feel sad that he too was human and made mistakes. BUT we are not here to fail! We are here to succeed triumphantly (Realize Your Full Potential by Elder Richard G Scott). The love of God can fill us until it can perfect us.

We are not perfect, but we are not meant to be. We are meant to search for the word of God, follow His footsteps, put our confidence in Him and ALWAYS progress forward. The purpose of this life is not to become perfect but to become complete, become better, and become more like our Father in Heaven.

I love you all and wish you the best in your week! If you want to read more about this, read 2 Nephi 4:33-34 (or the whole chapter) and The Challenge to Become by Elder Dallin H Oaks.


We ate pears and cactus! Cactus is delicious!




Mi and my compi with pollitos (chickens)!

No comments:

Post a Comment