Tuesday, April 5, 2016

A Masterpiece from the Ashes

4 Abril 2016

This week: I said goodbye to my companion, received a new companion (she is still getting accustomed to the high altitude: 4,090 meters or 13,420 ft ;d here in Potosi'.  It is brutal the first week here), and we worked hard. And we WATCHED CONFERENCE! WOOO!

I don’t know about you guys but I LOVED General Conference this week! (General Conference is when we get to listen to talks from our prophet and apostles of the church in a worldwide satellite broadcast) and I watched it in ENGLISH! YAY! It is just so much more meaningful when you get to watch it in your native language!

One of the talks more impactful for me was the talk by President Dieter F. Uchtdorf.  If you are member or not, everyone READ THIS TALK! It is so true and amazing! It talks about how God can restore, rebuild and renew us- there is no life so shattered that it cannot be restored by the great creator of all things! There are times in my life where I feel like big or small. I am NOT perfect, but I know that God can make us something so much more than we can make of ourselves.  He can fill our gaps, construct us, design our lives, and truly help us to make a masterpiece of our lives. God sees who we truly are and he sees us a worthy of Rescue from the Human state that we are in! I love this!

I would like to say that I just LOVE my mission. I am continually changing, growing, learning, and serving in the amazing work of the Lord. I cannot imagine if I hadn’t gone on the mission. My life and I would be so much different. It has been a blessing in my life and I will never forget this time that I have had (now 14 months) here in Bolivia. It has shaped my life and will continue doing so until the day I die.

Thanks for reading! I love you all! See ya next week!

Hermana Amber Mather


No comments:

Post a Comment