Monday, April 25, 2016

Healing the Wounded Soul

25 Abril 2016

15 months.... wow, it is very weird to have so much time in the mission. I tell people how much time I have and I don’t even believe it. I love my mission and will continue to love and enjoy my mission until the day that I have to leave the country that I have come to love. I honestly don’t want my mission to end. It has become part of me and changed who I am. It is sad for me to see missionaries who are counting the time they have left instead of enjoying every second of it because the time doesn’t come back. The mission is something to take advantage of every single moment to change your life and more than anything be an instrument in the hand of the Lord to help others and bring them closer to Christ.

We have an investigator that I really admire: Daniela. She is changing her life! Short story, her parents abandoned her with her grandparents saying that they didn’t want her. Her grandparents who were her new parents died and she got into drugs and alcohol at the age of 12. She started selling drugs and beating people up. After all of her dark past, NOW she can see who she is and who she wants to become. She started by saying sorry to all of the people that she has hurt or taken for granted. Now she has a plan for making the difference in her life. She has put her trust in the Lord and I know that she will keep changing through the enabling power of the atonement. The Lord loves all of his children. It doesn’t depend on what they have done or where they have been in their life. It is more about the direction they are headed in and who they can become.

I have been thinking a lot this week about the question that a lot of people ask us: ´Why are you here, FAR away from your home, talking to complete strangers (at first) in a language that you didn’t even know? Why are you here?´ I started thinking hard. For me, it is much more than just serve the Lord. It is more about healing. In the scriptures, it talks about the ´pleasing word of god, yea, the word which healeth the wounded soul.´ (Jacob 2:8) When we are sick and we find something that heals us, we want to share it with EVERYONE that we can. Its because we know how it is to be wounded, hurting, sick, and to have challenges. If our load is lifted, we want to lift the load of others. THAT is why I am here as a missionary and why the members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints try and share the gospel with everyone that we can. BECAUSE this gospel has healed our wounded souls.

I love you all! See ya soon!

Hermana Mather

Our zone activity where we went and played walley-ball! (volleyball in a racquetball court)
Super fun!

Our zone going out for lunch! Fried chicken as always ;D 

No comments:

Post a Comment