Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Colder, Colder and Colder‏

11 Abril 2016

You know how when you hike up a mountain--when you get above treeline--it gets colder? It is entering into autumn in Potosi' and it is getting SUPER cold! I can’t even imagine winter here. The people say that it is brutal cold so we’ll see what happens! They say that it’s a lot harder to wash your clothes (since we wash them by hand) because the water ices over! hehe

This week my companion has still been getting used to the high altitude so I am coming to the realization that I have been trained by the mission to walk super-fast. I am learning to slow down and have more patience and empathy.  ;D

With everything that has happened this week and in my mission, I have realized how important it is to have faith in ALL situations that we are in. It is easy to say that we have faith when everything is going well but the real test of our faith is when things don’t go the way that you want them to. These experiences are the best that we have to be able to grow and learn--when we can put our will in the hands of the Lord and know that whatever happens His plan is taking place. It is hard, but the best thing to do is to do our best to follow His plan and His will and, if it doesn’t turn out perfectly, we can have the trust in our Heavenly Father and know that in the end everything will turn out whether it be in this life or in the next.

There is a quote that I love from Elder Jeffrey R Holland which says, "Some blessings come soon, some come late, and some don’t come until heaven; but for those who embrace the gospel of Jesus Christ, they come."

I love you all! Until next week!

Hermana Mather


Me and my companion, Hermana Vilca.

Showing off the area to my companion.

This is why we are not allowed to eat pig here. ;D


We went to tour a Catholic church in town for our district activity today.

... and it has catacombs in the basement. ;d





...and we got to go to the church roof! Super cool! 

No comments:

Post a Comment