Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Fruits of the Labor‏

13 Junio 2016

Facts that a few people asked me about this week:

1. Why is your area called Cosmos? Because the hill is so big that, at night when you look at it, all of the lights from the houses look like the stars in the sky (at least that is what I was told ;D)  [see photos below]

2. Who are you teaching? To be honest, this area has been quite a challenge. These past few weeks, we have felt like we are doing everything that we can, but we just aren’t seeing the fruits of our labors. If we have a progressing investigator, they move to Chile.  Or, they are younger than we would like or they don’t have family support to be baptized. Or, they start avoiding us. BUT, we have been changing things up this week by focusing on talking to everyone that we pass by in the street and to help people follow through with their commitments. It has made a few small changes in the people that we are teaching so we’ll see what we can do this next week.

Wow, but honestly this week was so amazing. It definitely finished with a bang with the ´Noche Fogonera´[Evening Fireside] that we put on as missionaries in the Jaihuayco Stake. And you wouldn’t guess…I sang. a solo! I have never done that before in my life and I wasn’t able to do that before because I was always so nervous in front of people. The mission has taught me a lot of things but one thing that it has help me with is that I’m not so nervous in front of people as I was before. Don’t get me wrong, I was nervous, but I was praying and pleading to Heavenly Father that it would turn out well and it did! I sang “His Hands” in Spanish. I love the words to this song; they are so beautiful! Honestly, it makes such an impression to me, focusing in on the Hands of Christ and all that He did for us and how we can follow His example in our lives! I loved the strong Spirit that you could almost touch in the room! It was so special to have a night of testimonies and music. After everything finished, I received the most amazing gift that any missionary could receive of seeing my very first convert in the mission there (do you remember Paula? SHE Was There!) and have her tell me that she has a calling and is preparing herself to go on a mission. She was the first of her family to be baptized and then her sister and her mom were baptized. I am still pleading to Heavenly Father that her Father can open his heart and be baptized so that they can be sealed in the temple one day. They are a beautiful family and I am so happy for the blessing that I had to teach her and her family. It truly helped me to see that the small and simple things that we do in the mission turns into grand things that come to pass! The Fruit of the Labor!

I feel when something gets easy for me, Heavenly Father changes things up so that it is a challenge again and so that I can learn continually. One thing that I learned this week is that we need to explain to our investigators, friends, children WHY we do the things we do: pray, read, come to church. I feel like we have been doing these thing so long that we forget that a lot of people don’t know WHY they need to follow through with these little things in their lives. When they know why, I feel like it is easier for them to keep their promises and to see the blessings come flowing forth from doing it.

Love you all!

Hermana Mather

PS. This week: PICTURES!


Me and my compi, our area ;D




 

The lights from the houses on the Cosmos hill look like stars in the sky

Service that we did a couple of weeks ago -- arranging flour bags :)


A group of recent converts that we took to the temple for the first time! So great!

The family that I taught in my first area that ended up being sealed in the temple

Me with their mom Altagracia

hehe -- We were helping our investigator Marta close up her Tienda (store) to go to an activity at the church.

Here is Cosmos! So beautiful and so much hills!



This morning we were cleaning house and we thought ´Why not?
hehe! My face is just hilarious!

No comments:

Post a Comment