Wednesday, June 22, 2016

The Will of the Lord

20 Junio 2016

This week we received transfers (super fast right? the time is FLYING) and I have my new (and last) companion! Her name is Hermana Villavicencio. She is 34 years old and is from Santa Cruz Bolivia. She has been on her mission 10 months and is a sweetheart. I don’t think that she could say anything bad about anyone :) And she is a wonderful missionary and I know that she will be able to take care of this area after I leave.

Cosmos has been a true challenge for me and continues to be a challenge for me. It has been hard to get members to accompany us, to help our investigators to progress, to get people to come to church, to get up the mountain every single day, and for some reason it is super hard to sleep at night. And I have been working so hard to feel like I am making a difference here. There are the hard times where I question myself if I really am making a difference here in my last, little time here. And I can honestly say I know that Heavenly Father is going to help me to make the very most of the time that I have left here and that HE can truly make a difference through me. It may be that I can’t see all of the results right now or that I won’t be able to see all of the results in this life, but I can feel the confirmacion of the spirit that He is using me as an instrument in His hands and all of these experiences are preparing me for so much more. :)

In my mission I have received a powerful testimony that Heavenly Father knows us and knows what is best for us in the moment. There are times in my life and in my mission where I thought `the best thing for me is...or, ‘It would work out perfectly if...` and when it doesn’t work out the way that I want, I would question why. There are times where we all have our own will and we think that we know what is best for us. BUT now I can see in the long term the Lord knows what is best for all of us and I have the faith that He has a time and plan for EVERYONE. WE may be planting, cultivating or harvesting in the work of the Lord but when we are doing His will we will always be making a difference in the lives and hearts of others. YOU are making a difference—don’t second guess it--just do it and be an instrument in His hands and He will make up the difference.

LOVE YOU ALL! :)

Hermana Amber Mather

Me and my new companion Hermana Villavicencio

A few friends from the mission :)





A picture from the fireside that we had the other week :)

No comments:

Post a Comment