Monday, June 6, 2016

If the Savior Stood Beside Me‏

6 Junio 2016

This week was a challenge for me and my companion. We were ready for the week with important appointments ready and a member that would be able to accompany us for every day, but I think that the Lord teaches us a lot of lessons when things just don’t go as planned. Almost all of the members called us the day that they were going to come with us and told us that they wouldn’t be able to. All week long, people that we had appointments with just weren’t there. I had problems with my feet, my companion was a little sick, and we were just exhausted all week. But in all honestly, that is when the faith and hard work come in.  There are hard days that come in all of our lives, but keeping a smile on our face and purpose in our step helps us to unlock the true purpose that the Lord has for our day :D

This week made me ponder: do you think that Christ had weeks like that? I think so. I think that He made the best of every single situation even if it wasn’t planned on. He had the hardest of weeks that mine could never compare to and He didn’t do it for Himself. He did it for all of us. I have definitely felt His enabling power lifting me up and keeping me going and telling me that all will be worth it in the end. I know that I really am not doing much. I am just an instrument in the hands of the Lord and I don’t glory in myself but I glory in Him who sent me. I truly do feel like the Lord walks beside all of us in our lives and helps us along the way. We just have to put our hands in His and have faith in His purposes for us.

Thanks for reading! I hope that this helped you guys out as well for this week to come! I love you all!

Hermana Mather

[No pictures due to a virus on my camera memory card.  I will try to get some pictures from my companion next week.]

No comments:

Post a Comment