Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Families and the Image of Christ‏

30 Mayo 2016

This week I have been able to see the blessing of families and how grateful I am for amazing families that are forever. I had the AMAZING experience of going to the sealing of one of the families that I taught in my first area in the mission. WOW can I just say that families are such a blessing in our lives and who wouldn't want to be with their family forever? I have seen my share of sadness in families-one family in our area that is just breaking apart. As missionaries we get to see through the eyes of Christ and see their true potential. Families have such an amazing potential in the eyes of the lord- that is why we have Temples- to make families eternal. so it is so amazing to see a family so beautiful to become eternal. what a blessing that we all have the opportunity to receive!

This week I was reading in Alma 5 and this chapter will never stop touching my heart every time that I read it. Specifically I love these verses:

14 And now behold, I ask of you, my brethren of the church, have ye spiritually been born of God? Have ye received his image in your countenances? Have ye experienced this mighty change in your hearts?

15 Do ye exercise faith in the redemption of him who created you? Do you look forward with an eye of faith, and view this mortal body raised in immortality, and this corruption raised in incorruption, to stand before God to be judged according to the deeds which have been done in the mortal body?

 16 I say unto you, can you imagine to yourselves that ye hear the voice of the Lord, saying unto you, in that day: Come unto me ye blessed, for behold, your works have been the works of righteousness upon the face of the earth?

I love this! I would love to have the imagine of Christ in my countenance! As a missionary I feel like I am working towards that every single day and week and month until the very end of my mission and the end of my life. Become more like Christ so that others can recognize Him through me. I hope to be able to do that one day! :)

I have been asking myself these questions this whole week and it has become my motivation to be able to finish my mission strong and be able to imagine our Heavenly Father saying `your works have been righteousness upon the face of the earth`. Work Hard. Pray Fervently. Fast with true intent. Study hard. I desire to do all that I can to make the most of my mission here -- every single second :)

That's all for this week! Keep up the great work and help the missionaries out -- they really appreciate it!

Hermana Mather

No comments:

Post a Comment