Monday, June 15, 2015

Noche Fogonera!‏

15 Junio 2015

Wow, this week has been quite the week! With a quick run-down of the week, my companion and I have been working hard in our area to talk to everyone that we can and to help her meet all the people her and we got sick this week!

We were sick with body aches, headaches, stomachaches and all kinds of aches for 3-ish days this week. We were just slumped in our beds for a day taking turns heading to... you know where ;D it was actually SUPER funny (not in the moment.. but you know ;D memories ;D) and really great bonding time with my new compi! ... So, we really didn’t get all that we wanted to done this week... BUT, we are happy to say that we are feeling A LOT better now! WOOO!

We got the awesome opportunity to be a part of the 1st Noche Fogonera [Fireside Night] in the mission Cochabamba Bolivia (from what I understand ;D) where the missionaries did all the special musical numbers and there were testimonies from recent converts and President Hansen gave a talk... It was WAY cool! Especially because my compi and I were able to be in it! She and another sister sang `Yo se que Vive, Mi Señor` [I Know That My Redeemer Lives!] and I was able to play the violin part to 'Savior, Redeemer of My Soul'! It was such a great experience and such pretty musical numbers! Way cool!

Funny story (actually from last week ;D) ... so you know how I have been teaching people here how to make American recipes? Wellllll, my Hermana Cruz and I were teaching an investigator that we have how to make apple cake in her house the other day. The whole time while we were making it, she and her husband were asking how I learned how to cook such delicious things (their words not mine ;D) and we got to the point where it was all cooked and we were putting the topping of cream cheese frosting on and something just didn’t look right... We ended up dishing everyone up and tried it... something definitely didn’t taste right.. my compi and I were looking at eat other mouthing `what is wrong with this cake?` SOOO it turns out that the cream cheese that we used for the icing was CHEDDAR FLAVORED! So we had apple cake with cheddar icing... it was an interesting experience to say the least ;D

Well, that is all I have time for today! But, take care, smile, enjoy the warmth and keep my updated on your lives!

Love you!

Hermana Mather


Making Mexican food in the pension [apartment] with my compi! Yummmmm

Cinnamon popsicles and puppie! What could be better?


The Noche Fogonera with all the other missionaries


No comments:

Post a Comment