Monday, June 29, 2015

Los Bendiciones del Espiritu‏ [The Blessings of the Spirit]

29 Junio 2015

Quick rundown of the week: we had a baptism!!! WOOOO! I can’t express how amazing it is to bring others closer to Christ and see the difference that it makes in our lives! I also completed 5 months in my mission (I officially complete new months every 27th of the month! wow... it feels so weird to know that I've been here for that long... @.@)

This week for me has been practically ALL about El Espiritu (the Holy Ghost, or the Spirit of God). I've been realizing the importance of the spirit, the difference that it can make in all aspects of life (especially missionary work) and I've been striving to have the spirit in my life. The spirit of god is SUCH a blessing that we can have in our lives! It can guide us to know what to do, it can give us revelation, it can comfort us in all times and give us a little slice of the joy and peace of heaven, it can help us to know the truth of all things, IT CAN WORK MIRACLES in our lives! With the baptism that we had this week I was able to see our beautiful little convert, Flor, receive the gift of the Holy Ghost which she can received after baptism and it was touching. Flor explained it perfectly to us saying that before baptism we can receive the guidance of the Holy Ghost. He comes and goes, but he can’t stay with us all of the time. After baptism, you can receive the gift of the Holy Ghost and he can stay with you at all time, but there are some times where we choose different things in your life that withdraws yourself from that influence. I am so grateful for the influence of the Holy Ghost that I can strive to have in my life SIEMPRE (always). I know that the Holy Ghost is Heavenly Father’s way of giving us a GPS for navigating this life. This GPS can tell us where to go even when we don’t know exactly where we are going. I just cannot express (in Spanish or English) how grateful I am for this influence!

Tender mercies for the week (I've forgotten about this for the past emails... ;D): the testimony of little Flor was so amazing at her baptism – to see all of the family that will be supporting her and helping her along the way to grow in her faith and stay active in the church was such an amazing thing to experience. To have missionaries (misioneras) here that care for and support one another by celebrating the little moments together is such a blessing. To have a blessed family at home, where all of the members are happy and enjoying life even though there are hard times in life. Having Sister Training Leaders in my area who are so amazing and always help to motivate me and keep me working towards better and better goals.

Crazy facts for the week: I saw a cow being slaughtered in my area while I was out proselyting the other day... that was a gut wrenching sight O.o. Also, they say that when a girl can peal fruits, especially potatoes, with a knife REALLY well here, that you are ready for marriage ;D. Let’s just say that I am not ready yet... still training :P. hehe

That is all I have time for this week, but take care, look around and enjoy life around you!

Love you guys!

Hermana Mather

´True conversion comes through the power of the Spirit. When the Spirit touches the heart, hearts are changed. When individuals, both members and investigators, feel the Spirit working with them, or when they see the evidence of the Lord’s love and mercy in their lives, they are edified and strengthened spiritually and their faith in Him increases. These experiences with the Spirit follow naturally when a person is willing to experiment upon the word. This is how we come to feel the gospel is true.´ - Elder M Russell Ballard

So, go! Experiment upon the word!!!

Feeding pigeons in Plaza Principal... ahhhh!


Cute little Bolivian kids!


Look at what we found! Super fun!
But my poor companion... you can see her falling off of the pad to go down the slide.

We honestly didn't plan to match... it was a wear freak experience!

Just thought I should let you know that I´m still crazy ;D
Loving the carrots here ;D

All of the family members who are supporting and helping Flor!

Flor's baptism!

Wow, isn't Flor just glowing!

Bubble blowing with my companion!

No comments:

Post a Comment